What is the Relationship Among Different Versions of Softwares?

Hi, mbo2o:

You are really getting me lost. What question are you talking about? Something earlier, not in the last couple messages?
Thanks,

You had 12 hours. I wouldn't call that "rapid firing." I find it odd that you're using that phrase.

Longer.

More worked on CG-NAT and IPv6; and as you recall IPv6 is currently working in today's Internet paradigm, with no new technology needed.

Totally lost what you mean here, I'll cover this next.

They didn't do a good job. Neither have you - if, in 3 years, you still haven't found a router that will route the IP range. It took 5 unpaid colleagues to discover this for you - in this community!

A new technology is involved (hence, why an off-the-shelf rotuer hasn't worked for you in 3 years); and again, this appears to be advertising. Can you provide this set theory mathematical formula, please?

THAT'S EASY: now that we know the router works with the block, provide the formula and perhaps someone would assist with the SPR. You haven't described anything complex to me. Perhaps the Avinta staff should be fired - for wasting 3 years of your life; and their incompetence (I venture to say, possible fraud).

EDIT: If you're paying them, I'd re-think your investment!!!

You're delaying and stalling...perhaps since the 2 threads you quoted are unrelated to your "goal"?

I think we all understand, now. I'm personally capable of understanding the full scope of this project - without a "divide and conquer" approach; especially if I'm providing assistance - for no pay. Please don't use such an approach when addressing me.

In this and previous threads, you identified the EzIP space a a new cyber "domain" or something similar. It's extremely concerning that you have to find another space to make your new technology work. I fear this other space will be the Public Internet.

This should work - this is the concept of IP! I don't understand the need for this test.

I thought we covered the word "proprietary" above. Also, you have not once provided a correct link to the documentation: https://openwrt.org/docs/start

You've been referring to the Community Forum as documentation, previously.

• Lastly, you never addressed a major question of mine:

I surmise, because of this:

2 Likes

Dear Colleague:

By the way, you asked me to ping you if you had missed anything. You will need to provide the Virtual Machine test results before expecting anyone to proceed further.

You identified 3 persons as having conducted the test. That appears to be false. Only @mbo2o and I performed that test (in this thread).

You were to:

• Setup OpenWrt in VMs
  • Setup a network with 240.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx
  • Setup routing accordingly
  • Attempt connectivity.

Please provide those results before asking other colleagues to proceed.

As you stated before about something else, truly providing your work and results:

1 Like

Dear Colleagues:

1. It is apparent that we are getting off the track again, probably due to the anxiety for quick progress. Before the moderator again closes this thread, allow me to address a couple fundamental misunderstandings.

2. The 3 years that 3 Avinta colleagues spent on this project was not doing any experiment. We were analyzing the intertwined aspects around the issue, peeling away the smoke screens. If we had tried to test anything prematurely, we would have given up a long time ago. Now that we have a proposal that looks stupidly simple, it is why you can do quick tests and get at least one positive result.

3. The 3 of us doing 3 experiments refers to my description of what need be done to verify that OpenWrt supports 240/4 netblock, mbo2o did a test with positive result, followed by both of you reporting negative results, but I cherry-picked the first one as the foundation ("there exists one example") for moving forward. This is called team work. Extremely positive if you do not get anxious and begin to take what follows negatively.

4. I have been reading the OpenWrt documentation. This is why I ask for your knowledge to locate any material in it that may relate to the 240/4 netblock. What is on this forum about this topic is what I already referenced to when I started the original Topic.

Again, thank you very much for your help. This is sincerely from my heart. I will concentrate on moving forward and report my progress when I arrive at any.

Regards,

Abe (2018-10-07 08:26)

Dear Colleague:

Please just provide test results. I understand everything you proceeded to list; and I find nothing to be off-track. Please stop stalling and delaying.

I did not have a misunderstanding here. I do not see smoke screens, vis a vis IPv4 exhaustion "myth." In fact myths like this:

Anycast currently performs such tasks, and can do so on IPv4 and IPv6, exhausting only 1 IP per IP_version and "region" under your terminology. Problem solved!

• I also fear your SPR "in-band signaling" requires some Layer 7 interaction.
  • Assigning an Anycast address to a device and routing to its subnet already works in OpenWrt, have you tried this?

Incorrect. I had identical results to @mbo2o. You might be referring to another thread; but again, I wouldn't identify those results as "negative" in either case. This is simply false. You have an issue with falsities, especially in RFC Drafts.

This has been covered. RFC1112 does not allot use of this netblock. You seem to have an issue understanding that. Therefore, you will not find any responsible software developer with any meaningful documentation regarding it. You will likely have to read the code yourself. ALL of it is available for your consumption:

I find this statement to be false and disingenuous; but nonetheless, I wish you well.

1 Like

Topic has wandered around enough and has been answered.