Welche 2,4/5Ghz-Router als APs für WLan-Roaming mit OpenWrt? / Which 2.4 / 5Ghz routers as APs for WLan roaming with OpenWrt?

Hallo Zusammen,

derzeit betreibe ich über mehrere Etagen unseres Hauses mit Fußbodenheizungen und teils dicken Wänden, mehrere WLan-Netze mit mehreren TP-Link-Routern (TD-W8970B(DE), TL-WR1043ND_v1, WDR3600) als WLan-Accesspoints. Die APs hängen alle per LAN am Router, dessen DHCP-Server auch die IP-Adressen vergibt. Alle angeschlossenen Geräte sind also im gleichen Adressbereich.

Leider wechseln die Mobilgeräte nicht automatisch in das stärkere WLan-Netz, solang sie noch einen klitze kleinen Rest des eingeloggten Netzes zu empfangen glauben. Ich möchte daher nun mit drei APs ein WLan-Netz für das ganze Haus aufspannen, bei dem die Mobilgeräte möglichst immer automatisch zum stärksten AP wechseln. Außerdem wäre es toll, wenn das Netz auf 2,4 und 5Ghz liefe und auch noch ein Gastnetz für's ganze Haus dabei abfallen könnte.

Leider habe ich bisher mit OpenWrt noch gar keine Erfahrungen. Daher meine Frage, mit welchen Routern lässt sich mein Vorhaben auch als Newebiene umsetzen?

Nach allem, was ich hier gelesen haben, ist der mit OpenWrt am meisten genutze Router der TL-WR1043ND v1, richtig? Der kann aber kein 5Ghz.

Welche 2,4/5Ghz-Router sind sonst noch viel mit OpenWrt im Einsatz, so dass frau bei Fragen eher mit deutschsprachiger Hilfe rechnen kann und lassen sich am einfachsten einrichten/konfigurieren?

Ganz, ganz lieben Dank für eure Unterstützung

Bussi
Pauline

#############################################################

Hello everybody,

Currently I operate over several floors of our house with underfloor heating and partly thick walls, several WLan networks with several TP-Link routers (TD-W8970B (DE), TL-WR1043ND_v1, WDR3600) as WLan access points. The APs are all connected via LAN to the router whose DHCP server also assigns the IP addresses. All connected devices are therefore in the same address range.

Unfortunately, the mobile devices do not automatically switch to the stronger Wi-Fi network as long as they believe they are receiving a tiny bit of the logged-in network. I would therefore like to use three APs to set up a WLan network for the whole house, where the mobile devices automatically switch to the strongest AP whenever possible. In addition, it would be great if the network ran on 2.4 and 5Ghz and could also fall off a guest network for the whole house.

Unfortunately I have so far with OpenWrt still no experience. Therefore, my question, with which routers can my project be implemented as a new bee?

After all, what I have read here is the most used with OpenWrt router TL-WR1043ND v1, right? But he can not 5Ghz.

Which 2.4 / 5Ghz routers are still much else with OpenWrt in use, so that women can count on questions rather with German-speaking help and can be easiest to set up / configure?

Thank you very much for your support

kiss
Pauline

guest network: maybe look to my question: multi-SSID hardware
Hardware: i love the GL.iNet GL-AR750 (with or without PoE)

Regarding the devices I like the Archer C7 V2 (EU) or the Netgear R7800 (after reading lots of threads here and flashing them).
For the full house network coverage there are a couple of interesting challenges.
Just one I want to point out to is the 5GHz requirement - maybe to sort it out. Yes, there is a huge advantage of 5GHz which is SPEED and better signal quality in wifi station crowded areas. Whereas I don't "know" what the latter is - I receive 25-30 at home, and with that number I don't encounter any problems.
With the 5GHz I have a big issue: I receive it in 10% of all rooms in a house that might be similar to what you describe.
This brings up:

• Band steering ("Bind" client to specific SSID vs "band steering")
    You will be even more disappointed with the 5GHz / 2GHz roaming capabilities of your devices than with 2.4 GHz only
  • (5 GHz) Network is available in 10% of the house space only (Compared to 2.4 GHZ --> 90%)
    Which is useless, in that area I could also use LAN cables
    Which makes it really difficult to make 5 GHz available on all floors in all rooms. Not sure, but I would need about 4-5 devices (router + access points) (nice guide here https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/relay_configuration).
    For me, 5GHz is really weird and practically not usable or I have very unusual walls in the house.

I will also start to look for a very cheap device (20-40 EUR) supporting 2.4GHz (maybe only if cheaper) to set up one Wifi extender. Update: Got a TP-LİNK WR1043ND v3 on ebay Kleinanzeigen for 24 EUR. Awesome cheap and neat.