Weak signal on a rt305x travel router

I know, but many of my Clients are mobile, and many of my headache/neibourghs are on channel auto and 20/40 auto, therefore even if I'm trying to measure from around the same spots, it's not easy to compare by screenshots. Next time I'll share time-graphs.

Ok, will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry. It seems that I've replaced rt2800lib.ko incorrectly.
Now archive is updated. Can you test again?

Do you mean your previous build had something wrong, you fixed it, and you want me to try again? No problem. I will try it tomorrow.

I flashed @123serge123's last build, keeping my settings. I attach the measurements with two fixed and two mobile Clients, at the spots I use to place it.

As seen from the Router:

As seen from this computer:

I think it looks better, but this ISP is down at the moment, so I will check this network later.

As promised, here the measurements from the standard 19.07.3 build, to ponder @123serge123's hypothesis about the antenna used:

And from the same Client viewpoint:

Some minutes later:

Those are the measurements recently flashed. I'll let it run for some days to test for stability.

I keep looking how to improve the coverage of this travel router. Perhaps if nothing else can be done by means of drivers (except going back to the original firmware), I wonder if what I'm reading next values add-up to this setup:

In particular:

• Are Fragmentation Threshold and RTS/CTS really turned off, or are at its default values of 2346 and 2347?
  • This WiFi takes several seconds to show up on the list of networks of its potential clients. Would changing the default beacon interval and/or DTIM help?
  • The distance optimization is set to auto. My clients are in the 20m range, but I don't know whether probable retransmissions would get in the way if I change this to a particular value
  • Based on your OpenWrt experience, tweaking other(s) parameter(s) would help?

FWIW: I added a pigtail plus an external 7dB antenna, and the improvements for some Clients are notorious: