Waver firmware

Did anyone knows about this product and firmware? https://www.wavertech.eu/downloads/ can we install it to other devices or input on openwrt?

Install what?
Input ?

They appear to be a set of fancy customised Mikrotik RouterBoard devices with some highly bespoke additional software to manage them in hotels, pubs, restaurants and the like. They include a remote management system, captive portal, company branding, reporting/logging/auditing, compiling user info and exporting it to ESP & CRM systems and that's not even scratching the surface.

I doubt we'd be able to simply download a software update and bodge it onto OpenWRT, not least because the license prevents that.

this firmware to another device

You want to put the Waver firmware on non-Waver devices, or Openwrt on Waver devices ?

i see some intros about this firmware and really is very impressive

i ask if we can put waver to non waver devices or if exists something similar like this

Then you should ask Waver, not us, but the answer will be a hard no.

1 Like

my friend when someone asks a question in the forum you don't need to be so argumentative.....It was just a question and you could answer that you don't know by answering like that.......I really liked this project and I said to publish it in case some member from the forum knows something. Kindness is not a bad thing

Did you read their license terms? In short it says "no you can't". "The software is leased, not purchased" and "you may not install the software on non-Waver devices".

So as @frollic suggests - they'll say no.

2 Likes

I thought I was the opposite...

But I did know?

It's (c), unless any of the members work there, it's highly unlikely.

You could however ask for the sources, based on GPL, if they use Openwrt.

2 Likes

Closing this topic since it is unrelated to OpenWrt (even if it is actually a fork of OpenWrt; support and questions should be directed at them --- this forum cannot offer any such support).

2 Likes