Wan->lan 25mbit speed drop with wifi enabled on QCA9531/QCA9533

Hello, I noticed strange issue after updating from chaos calmer to the new lede/openwrt. When wifi is disabled, I get about 90mbit down speed (from 100 possible), when I enable wifi, wan to lan speed drops to 65mit :open_mouth: I downgraded back to chaos calmer and it is fast again no matter if wifi is up or down. No wifi station was connectected during the tests.

I can see the same behavior on routers tp-link wr841n v10 (QCA9533-BL3A) and wr842nd (QCA9531-BL3A). I believe the same problem exists on different 100mbit routers with atheros. On wr1043nd (QCA9558) which has gigabit ports I don't see this issue. I don't think it's CPU problem, wr841n and wr842n has fast 650MHz CPUs and load is less than 10% during speedtest tests on both CC and lede. NIC % load corresponds actual measured speed.

I believe designated driver was ok too, so it must be some new "feature" in lede. Someone noticed this too? May I report it as a bug?

I think I meet the same problem.
have you find the root reason ?

Unfortunately not, I'm still waiting someone comes up with something.

I meet the problem same like you,
we compile the lded4.9.77 for lte router at QCA9531 16M 64M motherboard , the new lede firmware only can get 30Mbps download, but the old openwrt CC can get 75Mbps download speed.
I guess the new lede 4.9 must have some problem in Lan speed.

I just wondering the fast path active in new lede ? Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.