WAN fast (~1Gbit/s), LAN slow (<100Mbit)

--- ---
Architecture AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Target Platform x86/64
Firmware Version OpenWrt 22.03.3 r20028-43d71ad93e / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-22.361.69894-438c598
Kernel Version 5.15.74-1-pve

Just trying out 22.03.3 in Proxmox (as lxc) and doing some testing to see if I can get the expected throughput and am noticing that iperf3 through WAN I get full gig speeds, whereas through LAN, I only get about 94mbit/sec. When openwrt is iperf server. When I test openwrt as iperf client, it does full speed as expected.
No dropped packets on interface, no retransmits on iperf. Checked using ethtool that everything is 1gb. What else can I check or try?

KVM and pci pass-through

You have a 100Mbps link (virtual and/or phyiscal) from your OpenWrt instance > LAN.
Check your physical link speeds, including switches, cables, and the like.

I don't know how it's possible, but it's now working as expected. Full speeds. Only thing I did was try binding using the -B parameter. Once I did that, it works as expected. Going to try a few different things (reboot, etc.) to see if that does anything.

Glad this appears to be resolved.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.