Wait, what? abi_version?

WTF ABI_VERSION ?
Each abi version update raises a dependency error!!!

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-compat:
 * 	libubox20191226
 * 	libubus20191219
 * 	libubox20191226
 * 	libubus20191219
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-compat.

Wtf?

There is no dependency error if you compile from sources.

The dependency error in opkg and imagebuilder will go away once the buildbot has compiled new versions that match each other.

Some core packages, ubus and libubox, have been updated several times in the past few days. And as they have made changes to the binary messaging data, you really need everything compatible.

Wait a few days for the buildbot (and update your package lists and imagebuilder) or build from sources.

Ps.
As historical reference, ABI versions have been enforced for the last year. Earlier you could have installed the package but it would/might have caused buggy behaviour in the router. Now you get a clear error.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for @hnyman's reply

This is a problem with snapshots sources, but it is still a problem when you download the latest code and compile it using compiled opkg sources. Where do I fix this in the latest code?

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for xxx:
 * 	libubox20191226
 * 	libubus20191219
 * 	libubox20191226
 * 	libubus20191219
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package xxx(The xxx here is not luci-compat, is my own package).

I compiled yesterday evening the latest sources quite ok for two different routers. Just like always.

I do not understand your reference to opkg. If you build from scratch, from sources, you just update the sources with git pull (the main OpenWrt source repo) and update the package feeds, do make clean and do the actual compilation with make. No opkg commands or changes. And no dependency error as everything is built from sources.

If you want to use opkg or imagebuilder, you need to wait.

3 Likes

problem comes up if someone use a dirty buildroot
I had the same problem and i had to make clean to solve this... Think there is a problem with package dependency

Try to delete bin folder and make again. Worked for me.

Sure. Dirty buildroot can cause all kind of problems.
That's why I mentioned "make clean" in my advice.

make clean and waiting some time, it is working again

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.