W9980 is inaccessible. does not react. please HELP

parameters as you say. I do it in the form of 8N1 and 115200.

Then the other thing is to verify that the RX on the board (top pin in the photo) is going to TX on USB2TTL adapter. Try to change the cable between these two just in case.

I installed openwrt software on my modem with starjos java. so I didn't use serial port while installing openwrt. however, I connect to the device via serial port and put it into uart mode, I send the u-boot.asc file but it looks like the file is not gone. the device does not perform any operations on the serial port again.

Does it react to any buttons that you press?

Note: Make sure it accepts user input by interrupting normal booting by pressing 't' on U-Boot loading. If it doesn't, try another software. (screen recommended)

I press the keys but it doesn't react like I don't. After the u-boot installation, there is no response at the bottom, there is UART text, there is no other operation.

I tried using other programs (mobaxtrem or tera term) but it still didn't. I tried it on lubuntu but again it does not react to any key I press.

I don't understand from your posts if the tx to the board works or not.

Note: Make sure it accepts user input by interrupting normal booting by pressing 't' on U-Boot loading. If it doesn't, try another software. (screen recommended)

Also have you shorted the pin as described in the installation section?

You need to keep a left side of R225 shorted to UART GND from boot to finishing of uploading the U-Boot image. A soldered cable will work, but an alligator clip connected to the GND on the UART and a small flathead screw driver or scissors pressed against the pad (shown in the image below) work as well, as long as you can hold them steady for about 30 seconds.

I can't go into uart mode without doing that already, right? I'm doing what you say. I am loading the u-boot file but there is no response. it feels like it doesn't load onto the device.

It looks like the problem that the friend on this issue is experiencing, but there is no solution.

I cannot understand from what you are writing. Maybe a copy paste from the terminal that you are connected to the serial console would help a bit see what is going on.

Please use the "Preformatted text </>" button for logs, scripts, configs and general console output.
grafik

BEFORE I copied the tplink.bin file to the tmp directory with the winscp program

I entered the code below when openwrt software was installed on my device.

mtd -r write /tmp/tplink.bin firmware

then my device got the shape in the picture

The essence of the picture:

LZMA: uncompress or overwrite error 1 - must RESET board to recover

so? I opened a topic here because I didn't know exactly what to do. Can you help me?

Searchengines will not find this when you post it as a picture, but they will find it when you post it as text. Therefore I added the error as text.

1 Like

The cropped photo only shows a boot loop. And I asked you to copy-paste the text only in preformatted text.
Furthermore there doesn't seem to be a firmware partition in the table.
So follow the procedure as it is mentioned in the guide and post here the output of the console to help you with what went wrong.

1 Like

my english is bad so i apologize.
I mean, my modem does not react to keyboard keys on the serial port screen and does not allow me to command.
so I ask how do I get back the deleted parts or how to reinstall software.

Your English is fine, don't worry about that. Just focus on what we ask you and don't do unnecessary things.

This could mean that the cable from the USB2TTL TX pin is not connected properly to the RX on the modem board.
There are also some hacks mentioned in the page with short circuiting ping Ground to R225. Make sure you follow them to the letter.
Worst case scenario is that the USB2TTL is malfunctioning or the board's serial connection has problem.

ttl card is not faulty. because I installed openwrt software on my zyxel modem with this card. there seems to be a problem with the device. I connect as tx-tx, rx-rx, gnd-gnd, is it wrong?

It must be gnd-gnd, tx-rx, and rx-tx.

When I connect in this way, I cannot get a connection via the serial port. I can see the log flow when I connect as tx-tx, rx-rx, gnd-gnd

This is not possible. The TX of the USB is the transmit that you type in the terminal and has to go to RX or receive of the board.
The TX on the board is what the device sends to RX on the USB, to your terminal and you can see on the screen. Since you can see something, this is correct. But since you cannot type, then TX from USB is not connected properly.

1 Like