VPN connected, no internet (NordVPN)

well, I added this hotplug script to the ntp folder

#!/bin/sh
[ $ACTION = stratum ] && /etc/init.d/openvpn start

rebooted and it still didn't work. Still no internet.
when I disable the vpn client to connect automatically, and rebooted - it didn't connect to the vpn at all.

ok, I just turned a button at the router which was configured to start vpn automatically and it seems that the scripts works fine. have to try it with more networks to be sure.
wow.

So to clarify, is the idea here that you are not auto-starting the VPN on boot... the router boots without starting the VPN and then you start it by pressing the button?

There is a buttin in the router you can configure for action. Its action was vpn on or off. It was always IN "ON" mode.
So the solution of hotplug script could'nt work properly.
I removed the button function, so it's doing nothing.
And now it seems that the solution works properly and it seems that the openvpn starts on time.

oh... I see. Aside from making sure that button didn't auto-start the VPN, did you need to make any other changes?

Just stopped the openvpn in the rc.local,
Starting it again in the ntp script.

1 Like

Great. Glad to hear it is working now. That does seem to confirm that it was an issue with the time not being sync'd.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

Yeah. Want to check it on one another place to be sure and then.