VOIP no voice answering after 4 rings/20 seconds

I understand, you have your router by pppoe. It does not have double NAT problems, with a standard openwrt image you should not have problems, these devices are to connect and work, it only synchronizes and can be used, if you have checked the connections made by your router and the IP of the device to established a connection to a udp port, that's fine there, check your firewall.
I still think that it is a problem with the configuration of the device.
Reinstall the ISP router to have technical support and explain the problem to reconfigure the device

1 Like

At the moment I don't have any problems with my VoIP traffic.

My connection is fiber with CG-NAT so more than likely it's double NAT.

VOIP works fine with the ISP (Vodafone Italy) router. Also the ISP provides all VOIP parameters necessary to configure my own voip box (they are mandated by law). In my case, re-installing the ISP router, is not an option as it does not support most of the services I need, like openvpn, fail over to 4G, etc.

Thank you all for your suggestions, however I had already tried everything that has been suggested so far before posting (I have had this issue unresolved for nearly 2 years now, so it is hard to imagine what I have not tried in that time). I have tried every possible tweak of the HT802 parameters as well as numerous OpenWRT configurations.

The issue with the call being silent (no audio) if I reply after 20" (4 rings), persists. I have tried also with a different IP Phone (still a Grandstream), same result. What I have not tried is a different make/model voip box.

1 Like
1 Like