Vlans for nanostation m2 xm

Hi guys, can u help me how to configuration Vlans for nanostation m2 xm

Shabea3,

Welcome to the forum.
Are you aware of the following regarding nanostation m2 xm:

1. This device does not have sufficient resources (flash and/or RAM) to provide secure and reliable operation.
  2. OpenWrt support for this device will end after 2019.

I see in the logs that vlan is supported, but Idk exactly, I don't have a nanostation m2 xm.

If the device is using swconfig (OpenWrt v19 and lower) then vlan's can be configured @ Network / Switch within GUI.

On newer OpenWrt versions (v21+ with DSA instead of swconfig) vlan's are set within Network / Interfaces / Devices.

Hopefully that gets you further.

DG.

The full size Nanostation with two ports has a switch. The loco version with one port does not. On a loco, just use eth0.N to set up a VLAN tag.

The large ones are still swconfig with all present versions of OpenWrt. Additionally, the switch hardware is limited to 16 VLANs.

• If you are specifying the network yourself, it is best to use VLAN numbers between 1 and 15.
  • If you need to connect to an existing device with a VLAN tag higher than 16, you will need to use the separate vlan / vid configuration scheme. I'm not sure if LuCI does that or not.

I thought the 2 port XM had 64 MB of RAM, but references on that vary. It may be 32.