VLAN tagging on ipq40xx (GL-B1300) no longer works

Could someone test this?

1 Like

Port isolation works. Tested with a FB 4040.

2 Likes

Can I put u as tested by? Then I need your real name and your e-mail.

I tested your patch on a Netgear WAC510 ipq4018 with VLAN tagged WAN port with terrible TX bandwidth, but once applied the WAN port receives no RX traffic, TX is fine.

Once the patch is reverted RX traffic on the WAN port works again.

Anyone have really low VLAN tagged WAN TX on latest master and know the cause or solution?

The offending commit is reverted in 19.07: https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commitdiff;h=0ce0d687de9e7b386912ba8883470ce33d4c8008

1 Like

Good news for 19.07.5, when released. I had missed it, but it looks like it was also reverted in master as of Nov 1, 2020: https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=e73d866c6fc7dfad2fb7dd87345c90029bbda59d

1 Like

Still getting bad TX with tagged VLAN ports on Master.

Another report this is not yet fixed is here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/are-there-actually-many-truly-stable-socs-left/78416/23?u=eginnc

@fantom-x can "Solved" be unchecked to keep this thread open?

how can it be that some people report it as fixed, and some the opposite?

Maybe it depends if you build off Master or 19.07?

i just checked and this report is not long after it was reverted in master.
maybe @PolynomialDivision can tell us if he really still has issues with this after the changes.

The master was not reverted.

But it was said that my PR will be merged, But I still wait that this happens.

My 7530 is working again with 19.07.5. The issues with 19.07.4 that meant I had to revert to 19.07.3 seem to have been resolved, at least in my case.

1 Like

Same here with AVM 4040, the vlan-setup works (by editing /etc/config/network, no success using LuCi) with 19.07.5 now. Hopefully the rest will work as stable as before...

//Update: it does, at least for me

$ uptime
13:52:53 up 31 days, 22:44, ....
2 Likes

Anyone else notice this issue coming back in recent SNAPSHOT?

I flashed OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r16408 today (I last flashed snapshot ~30 days ago or so) on my EA6350v3, keeping settings, and our VOIP Ooma box plugged into a physical port carrying only our IOT VLAN lost connectivity. It was working with SNAPSHOT flashed as of ~30 days ago. Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of the specific prior version that was working.

Everything else is working fine - I'm running it as an AP, and all the WiFi interfaces isolated to specific VLAN's are working as expected. It's just the physical port that is kaput again.

EDIT:
Never mind. I did a "hard reset" with the power cord on the Ooma and it's back in business. Probably just needed to pull a new IP address.

@PolynomialDivision do you know how is going progress with DSA on IPQ40xx? Or just how to get VLAN on WAN set up on GL-B1300 on pre-compiled builds? I actually need vlan on wan to use that router. Currently it is sitting unplugged on shelf :frowning:

I have made a PR for initial DSA support that should finally add proper switch support.

4 Likes

I had a look just now, and found it is based on an older version of qca8k and does not support VLAN filtering.

There are major changes to qca8k recently, so could you just patch the current version to only support ipq40xx?

I mean, I stated in the PR that it is based on older qca8k and that it doesn't have VLAN and stuff like that.
But that will be added, it should be the same as in qca8k.

You can just easily patch qca8k as it uses a completely different method of reading/writing, has no internal MDIO, one port less, only one CPU port, and the biggest issue is PSGMII PHY/calibration.