V2rayA issue when launched on OpenWRT

Hi guys, I've setup V2RayA on my OpenWRT 23.05, which runs via PVE as virtual machine. And I imported my server successfully. But when I tried to click Start to run it, it appears error as 'failed to start v2ray-core: ExecCommands: iptables -w 2 -N DROP_SPOOFING sh: iptables: not found : exit status 127'. I am quite new for OpenWRT. Please help and let me know how to solve it?

install iptables-nft to provide iptables command compliant with fw4

Yes man, I've installed iptables-nft. But another error raised out as 'failed to start v2ray-core: ExecCommands: iptables-nft -w 2 -A DROP_SPOOFING -p udp --sport 53 -m string --algo bm --hex-string "|00047f|" --from 60 --to 180 -j DROP iptables v1.8.8 (nf_tables): Couldn't load match string':No such file or directory Try iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information. : exit status 2'. How to do next? Please help......

Install kmod-ipt-filter and iptables-mod-filter , note that these rules will operate over xt bridge and will not be well visualised in nftables.
EDIT: no problem, since you get one error at a time we go through as they appear.

1 Like

Yes man, according to your comment, I followed v2rayA official guideline below to install both. It works now. Thank you so much for the help !

For OpenWrt 21.02 and lower version:
opkg update
opkg install \
    ca-bundle \
    ip-full \
    iptables-mod-conntrack-extra \
    iptables-mod-extra \
    iptables-mod-filter \
    iptables-mod-tproxy \
    kmod-ipt-nat6

You can modernize the list installing respective nftables modules. (not strings)

nft list ruleset | grep "xt"
Then install matching nft module:
https://wiki.nftables.org/wiki-nftables/index.php/Supported_features_compared_to_xtables

reboot to switch parts of engine.
not required, but will allow offloading.

1 Like

Thank you man ! This is my first time to post my issue for openwrt. Appreciate your prompt help in such fantastic community.