Using collectd mod sensors

so is there a way(like in dd-wrt) to designate antenna rx and tx, do you think its even really nessecary?

It's not necessary for me, and I have the same router.

i mean i dont have issues with it, but having the ability to assign it to a specific radio as well would be a good idea maybe? that way it might be easier to analyze traffic based off frequency and narrow down issues to specific devices.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve.

The C7 already has band-specific antennas; three on 2.4 GHz and three on 5 GHz. Transmission lines ("antenna wires") have no challenges or confusion around waves traveling to the antenna and those coming from the antenna. There are also only two radios in the device, one on 2.4 GHz and one on 5 GHz. You can't use a 2.4 GHz radio on 5 GHz and vice versa. You can't separate out the three front-ends on each band from the demod that follows within each radio; beam-forming is integral and even it weren't, there aren't "extra" demods available to back them up.

so is there anyway to tell if one radio is having issues compared to another? how would i go about that? i see collectd-mod-sensors as a package, how do i use it?

What kind of "problems" do you think you're having?

The radios are completely different, two different chips, two RF chains, one on 2.4 GHz and one on 5 GHz. They aren't really "comparable" on a one-to-one basis.

ok i guess what i meant is how can i use the collectd mod sensors. im not necessarily having issues atm. i'd just like to see whats happening if i do or when i do.

Perhaps you should close this thread as [Solved] and ask that as a specific question in the "Installing and Using LEDE" section.

1 Like

i just changed it to installing and using lede, will that suffice?

No, will not suffice.

You started with an antenna question and now you are at lm-sensors.

https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:Sensors

Please open a new topic for your questions regarding collectd-mod-sensors.

im pretty sure i was coereced into changing the topic to something else, but ok whatever you want top dog. i love being pushed around. original post

@sycohexor
so is there a way(like in dd-wrt) to designate antenna rx and tx, do you think its even really necessary?

so i installed collecd-mod-sensors and a few others listed below

then edited the /etc/collectd.conf:

collectd.conf

FQDNLookup true
Interval 120

LoadPlugin interface
LoadPlugin network
LoadPlugin cpu
LoadPlugin load
LoadPlugin memory
#LoadPlugin processes
LoadPlugin sensors
LoadPlugin thermal
LoadPlugin iwinfo
LoadPlugin rrdtool

<Plugin "cpu">
    ValuesPercentage true
</Plugin>

<Plugin interface>
    Interface "eth0.2"
    IgnoreSelected false
</Plugin>

collectd -T

plugin_load: plugin "interface" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "network" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "cpu" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "load" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "memory" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "sensors" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "thermal" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "iwinfo" successfully loaded.
plugin_load: plugin "rrdtool" successfully loaded.
Initialization of plugin thermal' failed with status -1. Plugin will be unloaded. plugin_unregister_read: No such read function: thermal Error: one or more plugin init callbacks failed. sensors plugin: lm_sensors reports no features. Data will not be collected. read-function of plugin sensors' failed.
Error: one or more plugin read callbacks failed.
Exiting normally.
collectd: Stopping 5 write threads.
plugin: 16 value lists were left after shutting down the write threads.
rrdtool plugin: Shutting down the queue thread.

this is what ive got so far
uname -a:
Linux hostname 4.9.77 #0 date time 2018 mips GNU/Linux

@tmomas is doing his job.

On 99.9999% of support forums, it's a one issue per thread rule.

anyways it looks like they fixed some of collectd packages, i did update them today, im not sure if it was related to this post exactly, and i still dont know my issue with lm-sensors, but at least now i can actually get some of the information i was originally asking about, which was why this was originally in the developer section. As for your statement about @tmomas if moderating means harassing people and knowing absolutely nothing about what youre moderating, then high five. Same goes for @jeff and you! im glad you decided to add something to this post that was absolutely irrelevant.

lol im surprised you didnt post a meme, or something from 4 chan, so original!