User having issues signing up on OpenWrt forum

A reddit user has been trying to sign up on the forum for a couple of days now, but never gets a confirmation email.

If @moderators can help him out, he would appreciate it.

@thess Can you please take a look?

1 Like

Must be failing the secret initiation rites :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The secret initiation rites involve having a mail provider who's not rejecting our mails. From exim log:

2022-03-29 10:25:25 1nZCmh-00047O-FU ** ...@pacbell.net R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net [144.160.159.22]: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<mail+reply-verp-....@forum.openwrt.org>: 553 5.3.0 flpd576 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 46.101.232.90 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net
1 Like

The user stated on reddit that he's tried several email accounts...

" I've tried 4 different emails on yahoo, gmail and mail.com and none are receiving the activation email they are trying to send."

Maybe setting up a github account and logging in with that might work?

His latest approach is using a ...@gmail.net mail, which will not work as this domain does not resolve. Maybe he meant to use gmail.com instead.

1 Like

I'll point him to this thread.

Thanks.

I changed the mail to @gmail.com in his account and can see in the mail server logs that it was successfully delivered.

2 Likes

Thanks, Both of you! you got me in...

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.