USB to Gigabit Ethernet Problem Compilation (with raspberry pi 4 snapshot image)

But isn't usbcore.quirks already enabled for the rtl8153 chip in drivers/usb/core/quirks.c by default?

1 Like

tx, so having 2 of the chinese stuff (same shop...) helps... the second one definitely behaves much more stable (running iperf3 for minutes with no issues), so keeping an eye for it in next days.

I'll then try the initial buster setup back, see if any difference, of if the adapter went ballistic just recently...
tx guys

To state the overly obvious.... (hey, lots of problems have taken me too long to figure out because it was too "obvious") do you see any low power warnings in the RPi log? Or tried a different, beefier power supply?

I had intermittent problems with a Pi music streamer setup (Moode player, highly reccomended!) that ended up being the power supply not quite up to it, and occasionally browning out.. Took me a while to realize that.

Though I'd guess it's more likely to be something farther up in HW or driver issues.

hi JonP;

tx for the tip, here I'm using the official 3A supply, and only the USB adapter is connected.
but tx again :slight_smile:

the second adapater's been stable since yesterday, keeping an eye

Ah.. I read "cheap, no-name" power supply and feared the worst...

I think I found the culprit for the "ethernet disconnect every weeks or so", and it might not be about the USB ethernet, but more because of the configs

• Using bridged connection from GPON (fiber) modem to OpenWRT router
  • ISP Gateway provide new IP Address with different subnet for sometimes regularly
  • WAN ipv6 turned on (default on most OpenWRT config) but ISP Gateway didn't provide one

Disabling the WAN ipv6 now and OpenWRT get new ipv4 ip address without problem, hopefully it's resolved but I'd try to monitor for more few weeks.