USB/ethernet 4G modem?

Hi.
B315-22 bridge mode, with all band you need b1, b3,b7,b20 and more if Im not wrong. You can connect to any openwrt supported router.

@bmork what about this option for me:

Is OpenWrt available on this device too?

It's a lot cheaper at £340 compared to the £700 for the NR7101. But if the latter would be better for future proofing etc., then I'll get it.

My local cell tower is band 20 and I think 64QAM upload and download with 10Mhz bandwidth and 2x2 MiMo. I think the best I can get from it is 75Mbps download and 37.5Mbps upload.

I just tried my B818-263 sat on the windowsill with window open and I see the following stats:

SINR: 29dB
RSRQ -5 dB
RSRP -75 dBm

And I can actually watch a 4K video without interruption. So I definitely need an outdoor antenna/device.

And I spoke with electrician - getting ethernet through wall will be fine.

I believe that device is supportable, but not yet supported. It's most likely built on the same router platform as the NR7101. I.e. a MT7621 router with a Quectel Qualcomm based modem. If so, then supporting it is mostly about copying the nr7101 device entry. You might even be able to boot an NR7101 image on it - I don't remember how strict these routers are about the device IDs in the image header.

But you should verify those assumption before buying. I haven't.... And be prepared to do that OpenWrt support job.

With the NR7101 does everything work with OpenWrt? Is there any advantage in putting on OpenWrt as compared to the vendor firmware?

HI.
Why do you just purchase any decent router with openwrt support ?
And use your B818-263 in bridge mode, with external antennas.
Your B818-263 will act as modem only, it will provide external IP to the WAN port to your openwrt router.
If your needs is running a openwrt box, and you have already purchased a B818-263, that's in my opinion the best way to go.

The hardware is fully supported in every way. Whether "everything work" or not depends on your expectations. Modem functionality in OpenWrt is different from OEM. In particular, there is no simple "click here to get a LTE-ethernet bridge".

All the usual ones. Nothing else. The vendor firmware works fine too, and the device is still supported, so running it is definitely an option.

Thanks. Over on the cake-autorate thread @Lochnair writes:

How have you dealt with this issue @bmork?

Is there a way to simulate the bridge mode (IP pass through in Zyxel terminology I think).

If this is the only issue and everything works then it sounds like I am as well to flash OpenWrt in case it does become impossible to do so in the future.