USB doesn't power up on boot

I'm running a fresh installation of OpenWrt 19.07.1 on a WRT3200ACM. I've installed all the drivers needed to read and write to the drive via samba and it works however, the USB drive doesn't recognize until it's unplugged and plugged back in. Where would I start troubleshooting and possibly be looking for?

# uci show fstab
fstab.@global[0]=global
fstab.@global[0].anon_swap='0'
fstab.@global[0].anon_mount='0'
fstab.@global[0].auto_swap='1'
fstab.@global[0].auto_mount='1'
fstab.@global[0].delay_root='15'
fstab.@global[0].check_fs='0'
fstab.@mount[0]=mount
fstab.@mount[0].target='/mnt/sda1'
fstab.@mount[0].uuid='73D6-1801'
fstab.@mount[0].enabled='0'
fstab.@mount[1]=mount
fstab.@mount[1].target='/mnt/sda2'
fstab.@mount[1].uuid='62cb3c1a-7ae5-4f4b-8218-5eeaa7babc88'
fstab.@mount[1].enabled='1'

Have you tried both USB ports?

At first the alternate USB port doesn't even look like it'll fit, but it does with some wiggling. Why does the eSATA/USB port automount and not the standard USB?

I do not know the reason, but I remember this happening with older versions, when USB3 device was connected to the USB3 port (any other combination worked).

I think this was fixed in 18.06, and I would bet it worked on 19.07.0 too. Let me check with my device.

Confirmed: I have a USB3 flash memory on the USB3, and a USB2 hub on the USB2 port. Prior to 18.06 and up to 19.07.0, the devices had to be swapped, or the USB3 flash memory would not be detected on boot. I haven't still upgraded to 19.07.1, however.

I upgraded to 19.07.1, and my USB3 drive, plugged into the USB3 port, is still being mounted on boot.

I appreciate you looking further into it and your help. Since your suggestion of using the eSATA combo port, I've stuck with that.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.