Upgrade on Linksys WRT1900ACS dual boot firmware

I have a Linksys wrt1900acs which has dual boot partition firmware...now in the first partition I have the stock firmware (which I would like to keep) and in the second partition I have openwrt 18.06.1 and I would like to upgrade to 18.06.2...I have to position in the "stock" partition to upgrade openwrt? Because usually with the stock firmware, when upgrade, I install the firmware in the inactive partition

Use the power switch 4 times to go back to OEM and flash over your current owrt install; it's in the wiki

You can switch back to the original firmware, and install from there 18.06.2 over 18.06.1, or you can install from the current 18.06.1 over the original firmware; remember you always install over the other partition.

1 Like

But if I install from the stock partition, will I keep the current openwrt 18.06.1 settings?

Backup your settings and restore after you flash the upgrade. Also, there really is not much of a safety blanket in keeping OEM, but...

2 Likes

No, you can keep settings only when upgrading from a running OpenWrt system.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.