Upgrade from 18.06.4 to 18.06.5 without sysupgrade image

Best not to look at this as defeat/giving up. There are really good reasons for the recommendations, based on the fundamental designs of OpenWrt. No matter how hard you flap your arms, you won’t suddenly be able to fly like a bird.

1 Like

Ok, pardon a slight threadjack, but this is in line with a question I have about the Luci upgrade menu in 19.07.0-rc2 and other recent versions.

There is now a new "update" catagory, besides available and installed, in the software listing section. This lists package items that have a newer version and offers an update.

I'm wondering about the safety of doing that, after all the "training" there's been on "dont ever do a upgrade on everything" in the past? Is it now OK to do an update on these packages?

Good question, I'd imagine it depends on how much storage you have on your router.

I also wonder if this new update for minor packages is specific to release candidate firmwares?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.