This is not a driver problem. The USB core is also unable to communicate with the device. That's most likely a hardware and/or firmware issue with the device. I'd just throw it in the garbage.
This doesn't mean that I don't believe you are right about the bug being related to autosuspend or other parts of device power management. It might very well be related. But it's still a bug. And there might be more. Which is why I believe implementing any workaround is a waste of time.
But disabling autosuspend is simple in Linux. You don't need anythong special for that. You can
boot with usbcore.autosuspend=-1 on the kernel command line, or
echo -1 >/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend, or
echo -1 >/sys/bus/usb/devices/x-y/power/autosuspend (where x-y must be replaced)
Ok, been tinkering with another device (intel nuc / mini pc) and tried installing OPNsense with internal ethernet (RTL8111) on WAN and the previously problematic usb to gigabit ethernet (RTL8153) as LAN. tried speedtest and downloads seems no problem which leads to more questions.
I know intel nuc and OPNsense is not a good comparison since comparing x86 vs arm and Linux vs BSD but I thought maybe there's more than just faulty usb ethernet. I plan to test it as openwrt in the nuc later.
Edit : after swapping the WAN side to USB Adapter and LAN to onboard NIC problem began to happens, and after further examination, previously the LAN side on my laptop is set to 100 mbps not 1 Gbps, maybe that explain why the USB ethernet works fine (similar when plugged in to USB 2.0 port). I guess it's confirmed the generic USB Gigabit adapter is very unrealiable that archieving 1 Gbps is almost impossible.
Hi Amteza, i plugged in the TP-Link UE300 and i can see it on the USB LS but i dont see the eth1. only eth0. hope you can help
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2357:0601 TP-Link UE300 10/100/1000 LAN (ethernet mode) [Realtek RTL8153]
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
As I said. eth1 didn't show up in ifconfig at first.
But after adding an exact copy of the LAN (eth0) in Network -> Interfaces, except choosing eth1 instead of eth0 and instead of 192.168.1.1 I changed the last 1 to 2. After doing this it also showed up after doing a ifconfig. I didn't know I had to "start" it somewhere before it showed up. Thought it was gonna be auto-detected after installing the driver. My bad maybe.
At first I couldn't connect to it with ssh or LuCI, but after rebooting it's now possible. How nice. Thought I were going to buy new hardware.
So let's hope it works fine from now on. Now to my
same,i am using rtl8512b chipset on my Raspiberry pi 3b running on openwrt, it looks fine,but when i use speedtest, the device would stuck, i have no way to slove but reboot. I also buy a rtl8513 chip, test tomorrow