Update DynDNS according to the Interface IP

Ahoy friends.
Currently i got my cable modem, Fritzbox 6591 running, and my OpenWRT behind. The router is running in bridge mode, so i get a public ip address (but even though, the router also get's a seperate one.).

When i set up DynDNS on my OpenWRT router, on my related WAN interface, it shows the following ip in LuCi interface: 62.143.214.19/23. That's how it is meant to be, this address is reachable from outside.
Now a quite funny thing happens, from no where, DynDNS on LuCI assigns the 176.199.184.30 address to the associated DynDNS domain, but not the 62.143.214.19/23. one. 176.199.184.30 is the public ip address of the bridging router, but is not being set on any OpenWrt interface, so i don't know how it can appear.
So i was thinking about using https://myexternalip.com/raw in order to provide the appropriate IP address, because using this link, it returns the desired 62.143.214.19 address, which works quite fine.
But unfortunately i got a mwan3 setup, with load balancing, so this website always returns a different ip address, what is getting messy now.
Is there a way to only access this URL in order to update my ip address appropriatly, but only using a specific outbound interface, instead of load balancing?

You can create a rule in mwan3 to use only one wan for reaching to the IP of the ddns provider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.