Unsupported jump between ISA modes; consider recompiling with interlinking enabled

Hi Folks,

When trying to compile a package I am facing this error .

Background about the question:

1. I am using MIPS architecture
  2. I have a live555 package and the main Makefile for this is being generated from cmake of the repository (lets say "repository A") where the live555 is present
  3. I have openwrt packages in totally another repository ("repository B"). the Makefile for a particular package calls the cmake file of respository A and compiles the live555 when necessary

Lets say I want to compile package X in the openwrt repository (repository B)

Steps I have followed :

1. When I compile manually, the live555 directory by providing STAGING_DIR, PATH, generating Makefile for target architecture and run make, the libraries will get generated successfully. And even the package X in openwrt (repository B) will get compiled successfully

2. But when I generate the Makefile for live555 using cmake of repository A, the object files for target architecture will get generated but when I try to compile the package X in openwrt (repository B), the compilation fails.

The error I face is

rtcp_from_spec.c:(.text+0x350): Unsupported jump between ISA modes; consider recompiling with interlinking enabled
rtcp_from_spec.c:(.text+0x388): Unsupported jump between ISA modes; consider recompiling with interlinking enabled

When searched about this I found

1. a patch for kernel, but the kernel is already updated - https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/852646/
  2. using the flags -minterlink-mips16 -mno-interlink-mips16

Even after using the flags, I was facing same error.

Any help would be appreciated

Dont know the eaxct reason but the issue got resolved when I removed the optimisation (-O2) flag from live555 config file.

Now the package from openwrt repository is getting successfully compiled.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.