Unreachable and invisible dumb AP (Archer C7)

Hi,

I have configured an Archer C7 V5 as a dumb AP (Linksys 1900ACS acting as router) as per the official instructions. It's working well (stable and fast internet access). The only problem is that I can't access it via SSH anymore and it's not showing up in the active leases on the router. I have disabled Luci. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's completely possible to configure a fully functional dumb access point with no active interface. If it does not show as an active lease on the main router, then you have probably lost all contact with the device.

You can try to use the failsafe mode, and revert the configuration or add a DHCP client on the LAN network. Or you can try with the dual-boot system that this device provides, and go back to the previous firmware.

1 Like

Enter an IP address “next to” your main router on the field “IPv4 address”. (If your main router has IP 192.168.1.1, enter 192.168.1.2). Set DNS and gateway to point into your main router to enable internet access for the dumb AP itself

So, which IP did you configure on the dumbAP?

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. @eduperez, so failsafe mode it is. Do you have any thoughts as to what got me here? I literally followed the official instructions, going for "for devices with switch and dedicated WAN" during step 1. @trendy my main router is 192.168.0.1 so I gave the dumb AP 192.168.0.2. Everything else (apart from SSID and wifi password) was identical to the official instructions.

Does it respond to ping?
Did you try to power cycle it?

I have power cycled it. 192.168.0.2 does not respond to ping.

This is not supposed to happen. Proceed with failsafe, see if you can troubleshoot it. Worst case, just reset it firstboot and reboot it.
I suppose it did work as it should in the beginning, right?

1 Like

Thanks, yes I'm pretty sure I tested the connection after setting it as dumb ap, but I'll see if I can find the root cause.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.