Remove this post

Now delete post
remove remove remove

2 Likes

Can you please share also source code?
Does flashing mtd1 is mandatory for this uboot? What will happen if only mtd7 is flashed (uboot), leaving the original vendor partition layout?

Sorry,I'm not the author.I also don't have source code
Original post only release binary files.
I haven't tested only mtd7 is flashed.

Followed your instructions but after flashing openwrt-ipq807x-generic-redmi_ax6-squashfs-factory.ubi from web u-boot it doesn't boot.

What did I do wrong?

edit: In the original post it looks like there are different files for ax6 and ax3600, no idea if they are actually different or it's just the naming, but you've only uploaded on your gdrive one set.

ax6-mibib.bin
uboot-redmi-ax6.bin

ax3600-mibib.bin
uboot-xiaomi-ax3600.bin

This is a rehashed Qualcomm SDK (QSDK) build. Repartitioning increases the risk of bricking your device (@Gingernut's issue might be your first casualty). Of course you have no source since Qualcomm does not allow people to distribute their SDK freely; they are tied to NDAs.

On top of that, 19.07 is unsupported (EOL) and ipq807x is being developed on OpenWrt master, but no official in-tree support yet.

This stuff has no place on the OpenWrt forums. I am sure you shared it with the best of intentions but this is barely any different from the vendor firmware that's offered for ipq807x.

3 Likes

can you reboot web-u-boot?

Yes no problem

try flash openwrt.ubi boot?

U-Boot is published under GPL license. Hence please also share the sourcecode when sharing binaries, everything else violates the license.

1 Like

If you manage to boot this on your AX6, please send me the full kernel log, here or in private.

@Borromini

Everything you said is completely true. However, in the upstream effort we have an issue with a specific device (AX6) crahing during load of FW 2.6 and 2.7. Originally we thought it maybe the BDF or CAL data, but if this "firmware" can work with FW 2.7 and we already know that the BDF is exactly same as the original AX6 firmware, that is a huge step towards solving this issue upstream. QSDK leaks happened in the past, so if the guy can provide the source we might be able to identify what the issue is specific to AX6.

1 Like

Robi's AX6 factory.ubi build does not boot with this u-boot.

Which builds am I supposed to flash?

Don't be so harsh. :slight_smile: I like it if ppl. come over with things nobody of us has access (to see whats going on) while I share your concerns regarding flashing a binary from unknown source.

Can we pls add that this won't be the solution that will comes to the official openwrt image?

Cause litterally people are replacing uboot with a version that will probably be not compatible with the official image....

1 Like

I would just like to make it rather clear to people that if something goes wrong with replacing the U-boot and U-boot itself doesn't work then there is no easy way to recover.

Lets just make that clear.

4 Likes

It would be a good idea to change/amend the topic's title. So everybody is responsible for his own pain. :smiley:

E.g. unofficial/unsupported

EDIT2: Solved. :slight_smile:

I upload new partitions.img
flash partitions.img
then reboot u-boot
flash qsdk again

@robimarko is there any chance for an officially supported version of this?

Supported in what way?

Let's say, for example (just for example of course), that I stupidly replaced my mtd1 partition with the one provided here but not my mtd7 partition, and that my device is now in a sweet bootloop.

Beforehand, I did a backup of mtd1 and mtd7 and flipped the value uart_en=1.
Would UART access allow me to flash mtd1 partition back to stock using my backup?

UART FLASH METHOD
tftpboot mtd7.bin
flash mtd7
tftpboot mtd1.bin
flash mtd1

1 Like