Unielec 7621-06 & wolfssl as device package

Hi all!

Could anybody explain why wpad-basic-wolfssl was made as device package for Unielec 7621-06 devices?

I spent a lot of time to understand why I cannot compile luci-ssl-openssl as I usual used for 19.07.4.

From https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=a14f5bb4bd263c21e103f13279d0c2ff03e48fe5

treewide: use wpad-basic-wolfssl as default

In order to support SAE/WPA3-Personal in default images. Replace almost
all occurencies of wpad-basic and wpad-mini with wpad-basic-wolfssl for
consistency. Keep out ar71xx from the list as it won't be in the next
release and would only make backports harder.

Very strange that it was done only for selected devices, not for all.

Thanks a lot!

p.s. but this isuue has continuation. When I compiled trunk with this option, I cannot run luci over https and I cannot run opkg and wget. So it would be a good idea to make all needed dependencies so other packages wll be able to use wolfssl instead of openssl.

I still run OpenSSL. If you like OpenSSL and your settings / packages prefer OpenSSL you can always preference it in your diffconfig to choose OpenSSL over WolfSSL (# in the diffconfig “turns off” those packages). Example section of my diffconfig:

# WLAN/WPS support
CONFIG_PACKAGE_hostapd-utils=y
CONFIG_WPA_MSG_MIN_PRIORITY=4
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-openssl=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-basic-wolfssl is not set
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_libustream-wolfssl is not set

# SSL certificates
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ca-certificates=y

# Luci (SSL from OpenSSL)
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-ssl-openssl=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-commands=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci-app-sqm=y

What device are you using?

This package settings cannot be changed via menuconfig if package defined as device package in *.mk file. So if you try to compile trunk with wpad-basic-wolfssl difined as device package and openssl selected via menuconfig, you will get an error.

R7800. WolfSSL is the default. I’m using diffconfig, not make menuconfig to build the .config file to keep WolfSSL out. Agreed - Menuconfig would not cause the desired effect.

Here is an example diffconfig that you could change to your devices needs. When you are finished with the diffconfig just run make defconfig and you have a .config file with your desired result.