I would like some advices about the "better" solution between Ubound and Dnsmasq with the following goals:
- Bind as an Authoritative DNS for local domains over dedicated IP.
- ISC DHCPDv6 as DHCP v4 + v6 Server
- Dynamic DNS DHCPd <-> BIND
I would like to be able to use a DNS resolver which could be a "relay" between clients and router:
- Forward and answer queries for internal domains name to BIND
- May support a sort of "multi instance" different internal domain names based on interfaces because DHCPd assign different domain names depending on the interface.
- Support adding fqdn to unqualified domain name queries
- Support DNSSEC for internal and external domains
- Forward and answer queries for external domain names without BIND
- Support AdBlock and alike domain blacklist
I actually have dnsmasq (only DNS) to perform some of these tasks but it seems that even using a
domain=//internal.lan/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dnsmasq is forwarding some, many internal queries outside.
I have read readme file of the Unbound package and unbound seems really a better solution.
I don't know which one would be better in performance and flexibility.
Thank you in advance for your advices.