Unable to install luci-app-openvpn (Package luci-compat wants to install file)

Unable to install luci-app-openvpn, luci-compat and other programs. Using 19.07.2 with armor z2 router. Everything runs fine otherwise.

Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/tools/webadmin.lua
	But that file is already provided by package  * luci-base
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/add.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/apply.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/arrow.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/down.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/download.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/edit.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/fieldadd.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/file.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/find.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/folder.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/help.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/key.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/link.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/reload.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/remove.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/reset.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/save.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/up.gif
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-compat wants to install file /www/luci-static/resources/cbi/user.gif
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-openvpn.

The opkg install command failed with code 255.

Now might be a good opportunity to install 19.07.3 which was just released a few days ago. Hopefully you can install without errors.

Thanks for your reply. If that is the best solution I'm all in. I always get nervous about upgrades but if I want openvpn on the router the easiest way than so be it. I'll post after the upgrade how it went.

I upgraded to 19.07.3 and seems to be working fine. Was able to install luci-app-openvpn as it is listed in software but is not showing up anywhere, no vpn or openvpn button or tab anywhere in luci.

did you also install openvpn-openssl? And maybe reboot the router?

Log out and log in again. Tabs not appearing after a module install is a known bug in 19.07.3: https://github.com/openwrt/luci/issues/4077

Thanks for your reply. I did a reboot that caused the vpn to appear in the bar at the top. I'll try a log out and log in next time if the same problem happens again.