Unable to access gmail from 15.05 based platform

Does this mean it's working for you now?

If your problem is solved, feel free to mark the relevant post as the solution; and edit the title to add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning (click the pencil behind the topic).

grafik

Thank you all. I will monitor this and Let you know.

1 Like

I confused little. am I have to use the above option?

It was added from the LuCI web GUI when you uncheked/applied this:

Screenshot%20from%202019-05-02%2012-16-47

According to the logs, you are using Google's DNS service, as configured. Unless your ISP hijacks DNS request, the issue should not reproduce again.

2 Likes

Exactly this. 15.xx is full of known security holes. Such a device shouldn't be connected to the internet, much less routing all your traffic. Please update.

4 Likes

@eduperez and @Mushoz,

How to prevent the DNS Hijak, What packages can I do update?

Use DNS encryption, VPN or Tor.

1 Like

Check your DNS provider. Make sure there is no DNS leak.
https://dnsleaktest.com/

Test DNSSEC validation.
https://dnssec.vs.uni-due.de/

As I per my verification observed as below,

dns_leak_test
dnssec_resolv_test

2 Likes

How to verify VPN and Tor?

Do you still experience the issue?

/etc/init.d/network reload
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart
nslookup mail.google.com
1 Like

Currently, I haven't seen trouble. I have to keep a test setup.

1 Like

This issue I have observed in chrome and Mozilla browsers. From DUT and Host, I am able to ping gmail.com.

Note: I haven't change the new configuration yet.

Thank you all for your co-operation. It is working good.

am I have to use the same configuration for PPPoE WAN connection?

@jchari If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. (Click the pencil behind the topic...)

If you're using 15.05 please be aware that you're suspectable to multiple vulns including this.

Encryption is also broken as your SSL libraries are highly out of date so it wont help your cause.

As multiple people have already mentioned, please move away from 15.05. Your entire network is vulnerable to cyber attacks by running such an out-of-date OpenWRT version. Please update.

2 Likes

Thank you all for supporting, I will check for updates of my base line from ODM.