Ubnt Litebeam ac gen 2 upgrade

Litebeam ac gen 2 upgrated latest sysuograde configuration loss in rebooted. sysversion is 23.05.2

Cool......

I also have this problem

There is a bug which is being fixed. It affects many Ubiquity models that have a particular flash chip.

Use a snapshot build until the next release, which should contain the fix. Since the installed OpenWrt cannot write to flash at all, sysupgrading does not work. It is necessary to TFTP recover to stock and repeat the installation process.

I've done the tftp back to stock then installed older openwrt releases and they are the same. Is there a known older version that works?

Thanks in advance.

22.03.6 should work. The bug was introduced in the new kernel for version 23.
Although there may be another problem with other flash chips. Does your boot log show the SPI-NOR is an MXic chip?

1 Like

Thanks very much - I thought I'd tried that version, but perhaps I didn't go that far back. I'll report back on the boot log and try loading that version later..

Thanks again, much appreciated :+1:

update -I have 22.03.5 downloaded and I'm pretty sure I tried that - but will re-do the install now with 22.03.6 and see how it goes.

how do I look at the boot log?

I've tftp'd the WA.v8.7.9.46843 (can't do any earlier as it errors and won't load web UI)

Then set the password

SCP'd the firmware file above and openwrt-22.03.6 squashfs

Did the fwupdate.real of the WA file and stopped it after a few seconds

Loaded the openwrt-22.03.6 file into mtdblock2 and 3 in two separate parts.

Rebooted and connected to web UI and set password, changed the LAN IP address, saved and applied and connected on the new LAN address.

Rebooted and all changes were lost with password gone and iPaddress reset to 192.168.1.1

Should I try an older version?

further update.....

ok - final update. Good news is that it works.

I reflashed it with 21.02.7 in an effort to go backwards until i found one that worked. That didn't work.

I upgraded from within LUCI to 22.03.6 (the firmware I posted about above) and after that upgrade config changes are surviving reboots.

So:-

1. install 21.02.7 via the tftp Ubi firmware route
  2. connect via LUCI to 192.168.1.1 and upgrade the firmware to 22.03.6