Ubiquiti Nanostation M2 as Wireless Bridge

Hello everyone!

I have an Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2 I would like to use as a Bridge Repeater.

I mean, I have a WiFi network (TP-Link CPE) I would like "catch" with the Nanostation and repeat it via WiFi too.

With the stock firmware I have only managed to catch the wifi and send it via "Ethernet" but i really need it to be WiFi. Being repeat with the same SSID or with a new one, both works for me.

My question is, with OpenWRT will I be able to achieve this?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes it can do that. Of course since the antenna is directional, most of the AP's signal will be beamed back in the direction the Nanostation is pointed (toward the source), though that is useful for some cases like covering a field from both sides.

1 Like

Thank you very much, mk24. I installed OpenWRT and managed to repeat my wifi, not perfectly though, I don't have internet using ethernet (but I can access to router management), and via wifi I have internet but I can't access to router management :thinking:

Anyway, the main objetive is done and working. I'm so happy that I discovered this SO (?) that let me do stuff that my router can do but Ubiquiti didn't want me to use.

Thanks again, mk24

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.