Ubiquiti LiteBeam 5AC-23 support

Try this one,I added the PLLs

It's still not pingable and can't ping any other hosts, but keeps in 1000M mode now.

Well,then you gotta check if the PLLs are correct.
I dont have any Litebeam currently that I can tear down,they are all in use

As stated here the AR8035 needs a special fix, else it has a huge amount of packet loss. I also noticed this on my LBE, in 1000M Mode packet loss is ~50%, while 100M Mode works with pll_100 = 0x0101. Will try out the fix now

With the fix i get:
16% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.559/0.595/0.714 ms
mach-ubnt-litebeam-5ac.c

Support for the LiteBeam AC Gen2 (LBE-5AC-Gen2) is available in my staging tree.

I have installed this by booting the initramfs via TFTP and then simply running sysupgrade. This requires serial access. I have not tested flashing via the stock firmware yet.

1 Like

A question regarding the UBNT AC devices:

It sounds like they are only checking signatures when flashing but not when booting/executing?

Is the protection mechanisms present in the UBNT AC devices that are "supported" by OpenWRT such as LBE-5AC-Gen2 (which you have found a way to bypass) the same as for the Bullet-AC? Or does the Bullet-AC have additional protections beyond those that you're dealing with?

1 Like

and where did this came from ?

135 DEVICE_PACKETS := kmod-ath10k-ct ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct

With OpenWrt, is it possible to connect the litebeam 5ac to other non UBNT ac wireless devices ?

procedure described there with patching ubntbox is not valid for other fw versions.

LBE-5AC-Gen2 received with fw 8.5.7 could not be downgraded to 8.5.0, not even via TFTP (it would flash via tftp but the error message came up on both web and ssh server about problem A12 and to contact support with provided debug file)

either way, with still that fw version 8.5.7 i was able to upgrade to openwrt image by using dd and writing image parts to mtdblocks 2 and 3. this procedure is still valid up to the latest fw version 8.5.12 and probably for the whole airos series.

more details: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/689#issuecomment-493658317

Probably a typo, fixed now.

ok, any chance this will be included in main tree? I've used a pair of these at approx. 5km distance with some obstacles in the way and everything works fine, besides inability to turn off LEDs.