[Tutorial] Build OpenWrt with Multipath TCP

I run on 1GB too. It can handle a bunch of WireGuard & v2ray connections. Memory usage is around 500MB.

Iā€™d suggest using WireGuard instead of OpenVPN.

Hello every one,
i have question about the patch file because i saw just generic, and i think it's not work for lantiq xrx200 and mediatek 7621. i followed the article for both cpu and not working, maybe some can be help me .

Thanks

Kernel patches on the generic directory apply to all targets. Make sure MPTCP & fullmesh path manager work by running:

cat /proc/net/mptcp_fullmesh

Thanks for answering my question. I have another question regarding Kernel 5.10 does it include MPTCP by default or i need to use the patch?

Thank you for your support

Please read the post next time.

hi,
thanks for help i made it with Ysurac create image with kernel 5.10.

You have compiled 5.10 with MPTCPv0?

Hi , no i made it with new kenrel because its included MPTCPV1

Great! I did the same recently. Share your experience please. Have you tried mptcp connection yet? What about path manager? How did you push the connections to open mptcp sockets?

Hi, sorry for the delay, I asked my friend about the compiled firmware because I do it for him, he said its work and the kernel is 5.4 not 5.10, sorry about mistakes because I do more firmware for me and friends before new year, the new kernel 5.10 for my router(OpenWrt) not for his router, anyway for more info if u want to update the new kernel 5.10 mptcpv1, u can ask Ysurac, he's a chef of the Openmptcprouter. Have nice day.

Hello. Thank you very much for your work. Sorry for the noob question. How I can rebuild with edited config without cleaning compiled toolchain if it's possible. Thanks.

We don't clean the toolchain on this guide, so I guess you can just follow the steps as is.

Edit: Skip cloning the repository and start with putting the patches on the directory.

Okay, thank you very much. I'll try tomorrow.

How I can passthrough traffic from specific LAN-client/device over specific link directly (not over vpn)?

ip rule add from "DeviceIP" table 4
ip route add default dev pppoe-wan table 4

Change the interface name if the interface is called something else.

what's the issue with MPTCPv1? are you implying that I wouldn't be able to bond two connections if I tried using an OpenWRT snapshot image mounting the 5.10 kernel or can I go for that route too?

There's no path manager to automatically mesh multiple links. There's recent work on achieving this though. However, upstream MPTCP is out of the scope of this tutorial, for now.

No, you can. Just enable Multipath TCP on the kernel config.

There's no path manager to automatically mesh multiple links

Yeah I noticed that in the kernel's menuconfig. What does that imply concretely though?

I would have to manually add each link one by one. I also get different IP addresses every time my links reset. So this only makes it worse. That's my main concern.

I see. One question: do your patches work only with the 5.4.155 kernel, or are slightly "lower" versions fine too (e.g.: 5.4.99)?
I'm working with the trunk if that matters.