Trying to update a ZBT WE826 T (beginner)

Hello to all, I have purchased a ZBT WE826-T and I am trying to update the firmware. It is running 19.1101(2019-11-01 23:35:31 at the moment. When I try to load the update it comes back with an error of "incorrect model". I have tried all three version available. I have did this after doing a factory reset and still no luck. Any help or suggestions is welcome.
Thank you.

You are (not the first) victim of a silent functional change of openwrt, here it is the verification of hardware, done in the sysupgrade process.
Be brave, log into the router, and use "sysupgrade -v -n -F firmware.bin"
(firmware.bin to be replaced by the the correct firmware name.)
However, the other method is to use the web-based firmware update procedure, the WE826 has built into the boot system.

I can only log into the router via the web page or PUTY ss a TELNET client. I was never a programmer so I am a little lost with the telnet connection. Trying the SSH connection connects but the session times out as being "ignored". any ideas for a better client? I am using Windos-10. When I was working I worked on the set-up and config on cisco routers. These were the big network family and had a little better user interface on them. Sort of lost on the small personal style of routers. :slight_smile:
Thganks for you help.

Here you find description, how to flash a new firmware image to the WE826:

This is the procedure provided by the boot loader.
You need to flash the ...sysupgrade.bin, as you have openwrt already on the device.

when you access by ssh what password did you use I've been looking for a long time