Trying to install snapshot for NBG6716 result in reboot loop

Off topic, so please feel free to start a thread on this to follow up.

While it may not be accepted into project code, it may be the case that setting the “last” partition size for 256 MB flash will just result in a “partition extends beyond flash” warning when the kernel initializes the MTD partitions on 128 MB device. I’ve seen that when I was off by a little (2 MB over) so might be worth exploring.

I have two of these and want to help testing too. Do I need to flash the original Zyxel firmware first and then the 4Mb image or can I use the full ath79 image directly?

What worked for me was flashing via tftp the openwrt-ath79-nand-zyxel_nbg6716-squashfs-factory.bin that was renamed to ras.bin. I had flashed the original firmware prior to that, but this may not be necessary. Let me know how it goes! Oh and if you succeed, check my new post, you may ran in this issue too :

1 Like

Thanks! I will wait for the hostapd fix before testing ath79. I too use (multiple) virtual interfaces...
@avalentin, thank you for adding ath79 support to the NBG6716!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.