Trunking over wireless?

Ok, so I managed to configure the VLANs on the tunnel; pero your advice, I changed the tunnel name, moved the bridge configuration, and changed the notation. On the main router, I have this now:

config interface 'lnk'
	option proto 'gretap'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.254'
	option peeraddr '192.168.1.253'
	option force_link '1'

config interface 'iot'
	option type 'bridge'
	option proto 'static'
	option ifname '@lnk.4'
	option ipaddr '192.168.4.254'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'

And on the wireless extender, I have it configured as:

config interface 'lnk'        
        option proto 'gretap' 
        option ipaddr '192.168.1.253'
        option peeraddr '192.168.1.254'
        option force_link '1'          
                                       
config interface 'iot'                 
        option type 'bridge'           
        option proto 'dhcp'            
        option ifname '@lnk.4'

This works like a charm, I even added a second network to the link, using a different VLAN. Next step will be to use a separate network for the link with a larger MTU, so the MTU on the encapsulated networks can be raised back to 1500 bytes (it's currently at 1280 bytes).