Trunked wireless with 21.02.1?

I'm trying to set up a wireless trunk between openwrt devices. This is a config I've had working in 19.07, albeit with hotplug scripts in use to set up the appropriate interfaces.

In 21.02, I can almost do this without the use of hotplug. The one place I'm winding up stuck is with vlan splitting on the bridge interface.

The device I'm currently doing this on is a Netgear WNDR3800 (ath79), set up to connect to a WNDR4300 in Client (WDS) mode, using the 5GHz radio. This link passes several vlans, though to simplify things somewhat, I'll focus on two: vlan 1 (untagged) and vlan 2 (tagged).

My goal is to have eth1 (WAN port) bridged with the trunked wireless interface, and eth0 (switch) split out vlans to use on the switch ports as necessary, and to further bridge individual vlans with different VAPs.

I have the wireless trunk (device name: wlan-trunk01) configured to connect to interface MW_Trunk:

config wifi-iface 'wifinet0'
	option device 'radio1'
	option mode 'sta'
	option ssid 'Mirkwood trunk'
	option wds '1'
	option bssid '...'
	option ifname 'wlan-trunk01'
	option encryption 'sae'
	option key '...'
	option network 'MW_Trunk'

MW_Trunk contains two other devices, eth0 and eth1, which vlan splitting works on. Unfortunately, with this WDS interface up and connected to the remote AP, there appears to be no way to do vlan splitting in LuCI:

If I install the ip-bridge package and use the bridge command to add vlan splitting to the wireless interface, this works:

# bridge vlan show dev wlan-trunk01
port              vlan-id  
wlan-trunk01      1 PVID Egress Untagged

Is there a way to convince uCI / LuCI to let me configure this? If not, I'll likely need to add a hotplug script to set up vlan splitting on wlan-trunk01.