Troubles setting up TP-Link C6 V3.20 (BR)

Check if your router have the right date and time.

Plugged back into the temporary router and the problem persists, so the blame is on my ISP...

Gonna wait for a while now...thanks a bunch for the help. I'll update you guys latter.

Since we are talking about routers, this is extra funny XD

My internet access was reestablished by my ISP, so back to business.

Installed luci, DHCP magically worked, but the internet access was unstable. The date and time are correct too, just the time zone is different.
SSH into the router to run ping google.com and there was a high volume of packet loss, similar as before.
The devices where connected as the following:

Modem ↔ C6 Router ↔ PC
      ↑           ↑
  WAN Port    LAN Port

I've tried the layout bellow and it seems to work fine...weird.

Modem ↔ Crappy Router ↔ C6 ↔ PC
      ↑               ↑    ↑
  WAN Port           WAN  LAN

I'll guess that something on the flash process had gone wrong, since luci wasn't installed and DHCP wasn't working properly and now something else seems broken...

Now that I have access to the Web UI, I'll go back to the stock firmware and flash OpenWRT again.

Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

So...20+ minutes after I began the process and....nothing....
The default IP does not respond and all lights are on...
Maybe I bricked for real this time :fearful: ?
I'm thinking on cutting the power that can make make things worse right?

Going back to stock does not make sense if you want to update or reinstall just use a sysupdate image of openwrt. And it will do it nicely

Even if something sketchy happened during the first flash?

Tried this but it didn't work, I would guess that is because the firmware isn't from TP-Link anymore

What is the current situation?
Did you tried method 2

Nope because the lights are on a different state described on the beginning of the method, but on second thought it may be worth trying.
In any case, I searched around the forum a bit about the UART unbrick method. Gonna try it this week when the adapter arrives if I don't manage to fix it.

Tried the method 2 and it worked...damn...

I got the router back running the stock firmware. I'm going to try flashing again on the weekend.

1 Like

To wrap things up, the original problems seems to be that I tried to connect to my router when the default IP was being used by another device.
After isolating my PC and the router from the rest of the network, luci and DHCP weren't working for some reason.
After setting an static IP for my PC and making both luci and DHCP work, the router had an unstable connection to the internet. I'm not sure why but at this point I do prefer to start all over.

Thank you very much @openrouterman and @frollic for the helping me sorting things out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.