Trouble setting up OpenWRT on rg750gr3

after installing it it just wont boot normally, the leds will flash a bit then turn off, then turn on after a second then turn off after some blinking etc. i can get it to boot by holding the reset button as if im flashing it but without actually flashing it.

What specific image did you flash?
What firmware was it running previously?
What method did you use to flash it?
And what do you mean you can get it to boot when holding the reset button? Is it booting into OpenWrt failsafe mode or something else?

What specific image did you flash? 22.03.05 initramfs at first then upgraded with same version sysupgrade
What firmware was it running previously? 6.49.2
What method did you use to flash it? the method described here: https://openwrt.org/toh/mikrotik/rb750gr3
And what do you mean you can get it to boot when holding the reset button? for this device you have to hold the reset button to flash the image from network but if i just dont host the server with the image it doesnt flash anything and it just boots to openwrt for some reason
Is it booting into OpenWrt failsafe mode or something else? its booting it normally

Once you boot into initramfs, you need to use the sysupgrade process to install the sysupgrade image. If you sysupgraded using the initramfs image, it won't work.

Booting normally into OpenWrt? Or back to the 6.49.2 'tik vendor firmware?

Once you boot into initramfs, you need to use the sysupgrade process to install the sysupgrade image. If you sysupgraded using the initramfs image, it won't work.

what do you mean? the guide says to use the initramfs image and then upgrade to the sysupgrade file.

Booting normally into OpenWrt? Or back to the 6.49.2 'tik vendor firmware?

into openwrt

Yes, maybe I misunderstood what you said here:

I interpreted this as using the sysupgrade process to upgrade with the same initramfs image file. But as I re-read it, maybe you were saying use used the sysupgrade process + sysupgrade image on the same version (22.03.5).

When it boots, it is running in failsafe mode? or full/normal mode? Is it still running initramfs under this situation?

When it boots, it is running in failsafe mode? or full/normal mode? Is it still running initramfs under this situation?

no, it boots in normal mode and not initramfs

Have you tried flashing OpenWrt (sysupgrade image, using the sysupgrade tool) again while in this mode?