Tricky Nat/routing situation - Help me design this

ok got it!
no idea what I did - Set lan2 to dhcp then back. Now I"ve got ping from the router to the evnoy and from client on wireless LAN to envoy LAN2. But now no ping from envoy to router?? donno if that matters though. But it was working

not sure why the envoy can't ping the router, but maybe it doesn't matter.

Now, connect a mobile device on the lan wifi and see if the app connects. If it does, you're in good shape. If not, it may not be possible to get this to work.

Just tried - nope. ping works from phone > Envoy though.
Maybe it's more complicated and the app is looking for the SSID

Yeah... that's what I was thinking might happen. This is specifically why I suggested a proof-of-concept test like this (and not trying to do a whole stack implementation off the bat). There are very few variables involved here, so not much to go wrong within the context of OpenWrt/networking. Currently, this suggests that it might not be possible

However, you can always reach out to the company that produces the Envoy (or their usr community) for additional help -- maybe there is a way to get the app to work in a routed mode.

I've got the app a bit confused now - I changed the network on the router to match the envoy AP, but with a password. Connecting to it make the app think it's kind of connected. hmm.. well i've got a working config to play with now - i'll keep poking around.

Thanks for the help, i'll keep this updated. and no, nobody's ever tried this before I spoke with their engineers and they were quite interested in what I was doing but didn't have any advise.

We may still have something wrong that can be fixed
I think it might be the envoy not able to get to the rest of the network. It can ping the router on 10.10.100.254 but can't get to anything else on the LAN network.

Also this might be the issue right here
when I browse to 172.30.1.1 I get the login page for the router, not the login page for the Envoy.

What is the output of ifconfig (from the router)?