TRENDnet AC2600 (TEW-827DRU v1.0R)

I have built and uploaded new images based on OpenWRT v18.06.4. The patch set for this build is v14.

Minimal image files are here:

http://jmomo.net/files/lede/TRENDnet_TEW-827DRU_20190704233207_OpenWRT_v18.06.4_minimal/bin/

Minimal+luci image files are here:

http://jmomo.net/files/lede/TRENDnet_TEW-827DRU_20190704235745_OpenWRT_v18.06.4_luci/bin/

There are no changes from me on this one and nothing specific for this device. It's the same patch set as the previous v18.06 builds. All of the changes for us are security patches and bugfixes.

UPDATE: I pulled the images due to a problem with the luci build's web interface not working. I will re-publish soon with verified working images.

I just flashed my router with this latest firmware, but now I get the message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server

Any ideas ?

regards,

Louis

Did some googling:

chmod -R +rX /www && chmod +x /www/cgi-bin/luci

fixed it.

regards, Louis

Thanks for letting me know. I will publish new fixed builds as soon as I figure out what the package maintainer fucked up.

Yep, it's fucked new right out of the box:

root@OpenWrt:~# ls /www/
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          79 Jun 27 12:18 .
drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         288 Jan  1  1970 ..
drwxr-----    2 root     root          27 Jun 27 12:18 cgi-bin
-rw-r-----    1 root     root         495 Jun 27 12:18 index.html
drwxr-----    4 root     root          61 Jun 27 12:18 luci-static

ls $(opkg files luci-base | sort | egrep -v "^Package ")

Almost all, but not exactly all, of the files in the luci-base package have broken permissions. This strongly implies a problem with the upstream package source, but I need to make sure it's not something specific to my build process.

I don't see any bugs reported on this yet. However, I noticed that this bug isn't showing up in my personal build.

This is my fault... sort of. I updated feeds outside of my build script, which has umask 0022 set (See commit 5f80315634c66a647aed9673e10582acd8462d69). The file permission should be explicitly set during the build process, but that would be smart.

This is a bug, but it's a bug in the feeds script instead of luci.

I have built and uploaded a new images based on OpenWRT v18.06.4. The patch set for this build is v14.

This corrects a build problem with feed packages which caused incorrect file permissions. Notably, the web interface would greet you with a "Forbidden" error message on the luci build.

Anyone who installed the previous v18.06.4 images should upgrade. The problems in the last build will be automatically fixed and no further action is needed.

Minimal image files are here:

http://jmomo.net/files/lede/TRENDnet_TEW-827DRU_20190705200801_OpenWRT_v18.06.4_minimal/bin/

Minimal+luci image files are here:

http://jmomo.net/files/lede/TRENDnet_TEW-827DRU_20190705205610_OpenWRT_v18.06.4_luci/bin/

2 Likes

Hi jmomo,

Thanks for the latest 18.06 build!

Just a question about whether you think you will be able to include support for the latest luci-app-openvpn snapshot package? It looks to have an option to load config from ovpn file to ease the setup of VPN through Luci.

Otherwise, I'd really appreciate any help to correctly configure interface and routing for my setup... OpenVPN starts up fine to connect to remote servers with connection confirmed in the system log:

"daemon.notice openvpn(ExpressVPN)[2872]: Initialization Sequence Completed".

But for the life of me I can't figure out why my tun0 interface and firewall VPN zone config simply doesn't want to connect to the Internet thereafter...

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

That's just a package like any other, and this device has tons of free flash space. Update your package list and install it.

The images I publish can download and install packages from the official OpenWRT repositories just like an officially-supported device.

As for the OpenVPN stuff, I have no idea! make a post in the main support forum area for help on that.

1 Like

Hi, thanks a ton for doing this. My router seems to be crapping the bed lately. Total newb here, just going to follow your instructions and hope for the best, appreciate your work!

So I installed the firmware ...and it worked great until I started playing a game. The game in this instance was World of Warcraft. Every 5 to 10 minutes I would be disconnected from the game using ethernet ...could immediately log back in, but obviously this was untenable. Tried to figure it out, but couldn't ...forwarded ports etc. Ended up having to reflash old trendnet firmware. :frowning:

I did manage to get the snapshot packages installed, but the loading of openVPN config files then did not work. It simply never created a openVPN instance that I could later edit. I eventually reverted to your build and manualy configured all the parameters to get the VPN connection established.
Overall though, I'm just not winning with my connection to the Internet ... and getting super frustrated that I can't find a guide that clearly sets out how the routing tables, routing rules, dns settings need to match-up...

That would be an issue for another support thread since it's not specific to this hardware. You are artificially limiting your audience to a tiny number of people who almost certainly are not experts in the area you want help in.

Go post in the "Installing and Using" category and hopefully someone with OpenVPN experience can help.

Thanks jmomo,

Agree that there may be other users in the broader forum that can help and be willing to explain it again for the umpteenth time to a relative newb.

Specific to this router though and your current build, VPN Bypass app does not want to install. It's a VPN policy routing app that I thought may take care of some of the configs I'm struggling with, but couldn't get it to install either via luci or cli. Let me know if you can have a look?

Kind regards,

A RC/test release for OpenWRT 19.07 has become available. I'll start working on any needed changes and do some testing over the next few weeks.

I think I have 18.06.5 ready. I am waiting for the official release to happen. I also have a 19.07.0-RC1 image built but I've not tested it yet.

I am going to be very busy over the next few weeks. There may be some delay in publishing both images.

I have published a new build thread here:

Please do not post in the current thread any longer. Go post in the new thread instead. If you post here I will obliterate your soul.

Closing this topic would effectively prevent users from posting here.
Please let me know if I shall do so.

I HUNGER FOR SOULS I mean yea sure close it.