Transmission bypassing OpenVpn

it turns out that it is redirected when I run on the router openvpn

If you ignore the routes pushed by the server it will not install the default gateway and the traffic will continue to go through your ISP.

so in the end it’s impossible to configure?

Or, like @trendy suggests...turn the route off (IGNORE) and create it manually! :bulb:

no use something else I will not. I asked about routes.besides what routes and where

Please use full sentences. It sounds like you refuse to ignore the route; and you refuse to setup PBR.

If that's the case, please feel free to mark the thread as solved.

1 Like

yes it’s better not to create any sense at all.and without instructions what to do ok

Which procedure do you choose?

We can't guess what instructions you desire - you've been given 2 options.

:confused:

???

I answered additional programs I will not use why then "vpn-policy-routing" option with port forwarding does not work!!

Port forwarding doesn't work because your reply traffic is routed thru the VPN. That is what you need to fix. :wink:

:x: In WAN <> OUT VPN

:white_check_mark: Assign IP to PBR, use with Transmission - In WAN <> Out WAN

I already understood this even before creating the topic. we went around!!

OK. I guess you don't want to fix your issue.

Sorry for troubling you.

what is this PBR??

So:

• you make an interface on OpenWrt
  • bind IP to Transmission
  • set PBR for said IP :smiley:
  • Done!

When you selected "Solved" (I assume accidental) - you started a 10-day countdown.

Not me.

I will flag your last posting.

screen14

1 Like

LOL - You mentioned PBR in your first post!!!

You can install a package, or you can add the routes and rules into /etc/config/network

Why don't you stop cursing and just ask?

(Again, I'll be flagging the post cursing at me again.)

2 Likes

@lleachii
Hi,

I didn't want to make a new thread just for the same question.

I found pbr quite heavy for my basic needs so went with vpnbypass by the same author.

I am using an openvpn client that does not allow any P2P connections

I am using transmission on another machine on LAN not transmission on the router itself.

vpnbypass works fine to bypass a LAN IP for eg. to use netflix without vpn

I am having trouble just opening up the port for transmission, but then I read a few posts up, it has to be open from WAN to WAN otherwise by default the traffic will go through the VPN client.

I would NOT like to direct all traffic from that IP to WAN, if possible, for example DWService remote desktop tool is blocked by my ISP and I can only connect if using openvpn.

Is what I'm asking even possible.

Thanks.

firewall port forwarding settings

vpnbypass settings - transmission is set to the same port

LAN machine that has transmission firewall

What you are asking is possible, but it is better to open a new topic.
vpnbypass is obsolete to pbr. What you need can be accomplished even with ip rules, without the need to install extra packages.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Opened another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.