Tplink mr3420 v5.1 error 4503

hi .. im traying install openwrt openwrt-18.06.4-ramips-mt76x8-tplink_tl-mr3420-v5-squashfs-tftp-recovery.bin in my tplink 3420 but is not possible . web interface upgrade tplink display error 4503
how to upgrade via tftp? or programmer via ezp2010?

Installation instructions for TL-MR3420 v5: https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=39e9bfb18199b046bd3b613002112e4e6dd53658

The only way to flash LEDE image in mr3420v5 is to use
tftp recovery mode in U-Boot:

i try this .. but don't work for me. i open wireshark and not see request tftp from tplink for start download from my tftp server

"press the reset button, power up
the router and keep button pressed for around 6-7 seconds, until
device starts downloading the "
only power up keep button or power up and reset button for 7 seconds?

With most TP-Link models TFTP mode is activated by holding down the reset button while plugging the power in, and keeping it held down until the WPS light comes on.

The firewall on your PC may be preventing the TFTP server from getting any requests. Turn off Windows Firewall and any third-party firewalls during the process.

Also you may need to place an unmanaged Ethernet switch between the PC and the router so that the PC does not see the Ethernet carrier drop and re-configure the port.

thank you very much ...
the reset button is correct..
im happy with openWrt .. best regards. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.