Tp-Link WDR4300 V1 - issues with wan speed

Hello everyone, everything good?

Again I would like the help of the most expert forum ... Come on:

I have a TP-Link WDR4300 router in my home. I had a link with a speed of 100/50 megabits and it served me perfectly. Due to a promotion from my ISP, I migrated this link to 300/150 megabits.

The problem is that I'm having limitations due to the router. Because of the NAT hardware more specifically, I believe.

Searching the forum, I found this topic first => TP-Link TL-WDR4300 gigabit ethernet - cannot get past 260 Mib/s - where the author says he can't get past 260 megabits (exactly the same problem I have) and still in it, in the user's slh post, he says that "The TL-WDR4300 can do 1 GBit / s between its LAN ports (switched in hardware), it can not reach that performance for traffic passing through its CPU port, which is being routed, NATed, filtered or processed by pppd (there your limit is around 130 MBit / s, maybe slightly more with flow-offloading enabled) . "

Continuing through the searches, I found this other post => Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE
where it seems that the user was able to solve the limitation problem, applying some kernel patches and recompiling the Open, however, I have no idea how to do this, sorry now ...

If I upgrade to 19.07.0, will it change something in relation to this limitation or not?

Returning to the topic of "fast path for lede", if I'm not mistaken, I saw in one of the posted repositories, that the person who made the implementations, seems to have compiled Open with the patches. If so, do you think there could be a problem installing this version on my router, since it is an old version, based on LeDe 17.0?

Sorry for so many questions, but I couldn't find much more about it ...

Hugs to all!

1 Like

I think there will be probably no difference on 19.07.0. For max. performance do you have SQM QOS disabled and FIREWALL/software flow offloading enabled (if available)?

1 Like

Hi @Doppel-D...

I don't use SQM QOS in OpenWRT 18.06.5 and the firewall, I can disable it completely for testing ...

flow offloading software, does not exist or is not installed in my configuration ...

I was going to start testing with my old 1043ND, based on this post => Qualcomm Fast Path For LEDE, more exactly here =>
https://github.com/gwlim/Fast-Path-LEDE-OpenWRT

Thanks

Probably yes.

You can use the flow offloading feature to get more routing performance.
This is a mainline implementation similar to something like Qualcomm Fast Path.
It´s located at the same place in luci as your picture shows.
Let´s try flow offloading with 19.07.

Note: flow offloading does not improve ppp links much, but it should make a small difference at least.
I get a routing performance of about 900 Mbit/s, but without a ppp link.

Here is my benchmark from initial porting effort to ath79.

3 Likes

Hi @juppin...

Thanks for your help...

I will update my router soon... and I return here to make a feedback...

Hi all...

The problem was solved updating my WDR4300 to 19.07 version and configuring Routing/NAT Offloading...

Now, I have 300 / 150 Mbps...

Everything Ok with speed now, however, I noticed that Luci is quite slow ...
At first, I thought it could be version 19.07, but I updated my WDR3600 too, which works only as Access Point and there, Luci is OK ...

Any ideas to improve Luci's performance?

Hugs to all!

Thanks for marking your adaption of my solution as the solution of your problem.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.