TP-Link WBS210/510 v1.x and ath79 target

In the Tech data for the TP-Link WBS210/WBS510, it shows that Version 2 of the devices is in the ath79 target, however my understanding is that Version 1 of the devices is still under the ar71xx target. In looking at the datasheets, they are essentially the same device. The ONLY difference that I've seen is on V1, the processor is a “Qualcomm Atheros enterprise AR9350B 560MHz CPU, MIPS 74Kc “and on the version 2.0 device, it says “Qualcomm Atheros enterprise 560MHz CPU, MIPS 74Kc.”

What would it take to port the v1.x devices over to the ath79 target also? If it's minor changes like removing it from the ar71xx config and adding it to the ath79 config (updating the config with the v1 information as well as the v2 information), I could probably do that. If it's more complex, then I'm not sure if I would be the best person for the job. But, I'm willing to do what I can to make it happen.

Thanks, and have a great day. :slight_smile:

Hi, WBS510v1 is already ported:

I add WBS210v1 support for ath79 here and am looking for testers: -> v1 is ar71xx-ath79 -> see snapshot download links


ar71xx-ath79 is a dummy target for devices which have been migrated from ar71xxath79.



Hi, WBS510v1 is already ported:

I add WBS210v1 support for ath79 here and am looking for testers:

[RFT] ath79: add support for the TP-Link WBS210 v1


opened Apr 15, 2020

adrianschmutzler adrianschmutzler

+28 -0

I'll have to check it out. Hopefullly when the AREDN project pulls from OpenWRT, they get your snapshot. That way, I can get it fixed in our project as well.

Thanks. and have a great day. :slight_smile:

They must have just changed the status recently. When I posted this, it was still listed as the ar71xx target, and the version 2 was listed as ath79.

Thanks. :slight_smile:



It's been a while but I finally got around to actually testing the ath79 target on the WBS210. I can confirm that it does work and it does allow you to connect a computer directly to LAN1 and that works as a LAN device (my interest in this was for the AREDN mesh and it works as it should). I used the AREDN mesh development branch to create my update, but since it's based on code from here, that should mean that this code works as expected also.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.