TP-Link RE450 V2 ( F/W: 1.0.2 Build 20170626 Rel. 60833)

Hi SamiHAIter

Thanks por your replay

Best Regards

Juliano

Hi @alt10

you got back to stock firmware your RE450 v2 ?

Thanks for your help

best regards

Juliano

Hi Juliano

i'm sorry to hear about your device :frowning:
unfortunately i no longer have a 450v2
if your router is stuck in the boot process (blinking power led indefinitely), afaik you could try to either solder two resistors and get access to UART, or remove the flash chip and program it externally

Hi

I'll try the TTL-USB cable, but you know the commands I need to do after (TPL enter) would you know what the commands are?

thanks for your replay

Best Regards

Juliano

Hi
I got acess ssh, but firmware dont have luci, i search tutorial of how install luci off line in RE450 but without sucess, How install luci offline in RE450v2

Thanks for help

Juliano

1 Like

Hi
I got acess webgui of RE450v2...
2.4ghz dont work;
update (opkg update) dont work;
5.0ghz Works Fine;

I am awaiting another firmware OpenWrt to update (No Trunk)

Thanks for help of community

Juliano

1 Like

19.0x is expected soon. Though I don't know if there was a technical reason why v2 had only snapshot or of it is just not a common device.

1 Like

hello there! I've just got this unit and wanted to report that the current snapshot build works just fine. It's true that it doesn't ship with luci (as usual btw), but it's easy to install if you have a utp connection available.
This is my rough step by step:

• pulled squashfs-factory from the techdata page and flashed it via the unit's factory webui.
  • to flash the image, I've connected the unit with the utp cable to my machine, it provided IP address via DHCP (your internet will go down on the machine due to the default route gets set to the RE450. it'll come back when you unplug).
  • the unit comes back online after a reboot with static ip address configured to 192.168.1.1, no root password.
  • You need to ssh to the unit and configure it to grab IP address via DHCP. See DumpAP tutorial. In brief, set /etc/config/network to:
config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'fd52:c03e:9f0e::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option proto 'dhcp'

(you can leave the ula_prefix and the localhost blocks unchanged)

• and disable dhcp, ipv6 server and firewall:
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq disable
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq stop
/etc/init.d/odhcpd disable
/etc/init.d/odhcpd stop
/etc/init.d/firewall disable
/etc/init.d/firewall stop
  • Reboot the unit (unplug, plug). Pull the UTP cable from the machine and connect to your router. It'll provide ip address automatically. Check the router what address the RE450 got and ssh back to it.
  • in the ssh shell install luci:
opkg update
opkg install luci

Now you should have the minimal required luci webui access.

Note: I didn't need UART or any physical hacking around. Just pushed the snapshot image from factory webui.

Update: I've verified that both WiFi module works just great, over 2.4 GHz I got 300MBps and 5GHz with 866MBps.

1 Like

Signed up only to say thanks

Can someone confirm that latest 19.06 RC2 firmware contains LUCI for this device?
Also, is there a stripped version of stock available for "uninstall" if this go wrong? Thanks in advance!

just pulled the latest 19.07 RC2 firmware and checked its content. Luci files are there, so it should have LUCI service and app running after you flash it.

1 Like

Great, thank you. What about stripped stock firmware to safe rollback? Is there one available?

I tried to flash the new 19.07 RC2 tplink_re450-v2-squashfs-factory.bin image via the stock webinterface to my RE450 v2 but it failed with checksum error. What I'm doing wrong?

I'm also interested in how to reflash the original firmware in the case I will go back to stock.
I've found a thread with modified stock fw for the v1 but no instructions or modified stock firmware for the v2.

thanks

Had the same problem with bad checksum. Rename the file to "factory.bin" and it should work.

You can reflash back to original from OpenWRT (if it installs correctly).

In the meantime I tried it with the actual snapshot and it worked. When you try to flash the original stock FW with openwrt the device get bricked. So this is not recommended! Thats the reason why I asked how to get safely back to stock.

Thank you for you instructions. Everything went very well thanks to your instructions, even with me as a noob.

But I'm having some issues with the 19.07 RC2 firmware. My RE450 is configured as a dumb AP. Everything start fine after boot, but there seems to be some memory leak. In about 7 hours after boot, the device is completely out of memory, and OOM starts killing processes, crashing many features on the AP, including access to LUCI and SSH.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix that issue? All I was able to find is that I need to install a swap partition, which requires a usb drive connected to the RE450, but RE450 doesn't have a USB port.

Do you if there's like an unused pin on the chipset the I can solder a USB connector to?

If not, then what can I do to fix this memory leak issue?

Thank you!

1 Like

just wait till someone writes that you need 512mb RAM device..

1 Like

I'm using the current snapshot build on my RE450 and have absolutely no memory issues. My device also only have 64MB of ram and is working absolutely fine. In all situations I have about ~20-27MB free ram. Please try the current snapshot build.

2 Likes

same here with a pair of 64MB LBE5AC-Gen2. about 25-29MB free RAM. don't listen to stupid advices like soldering USB for swap. you only risk board damage with it

That actually worked! Thank you. At least, it's been 12+ hrs, and free RAM is around constant.

But I have an additional problem the Snapshot didn't solve.

I have an HP wireless printer connected to the RE450 running Openwrt acting as a dumb AP.
RE450 is broadcasting the SSID as the main router, basically acting as a repeat with Ethernet connection as a backhaul.

My laptop and iPhone are able to communicate with printer just fine. My Android devices, however, can ping the printer, but cannot communicate with it. This issue was not present before installing the RE450.

Any help with that? Is it a port-blocking issue? Do I need to enable something in Operwrt?