TP-Link CPE510v1 not reachable after sysupgrade

Hi all,

I flashed a TP-Link CPE510v1 with the latest snapshot image and I think something went wrong and I can't reach it anymore.

It had an older version of OpenWRT on it, and I flashed it via console accessing it via ssh. I had to run sysupgrade -F -n cause I was getting the error about the binary not containing a list o supported devices (Although I'm sure I downloaded the right image)

What happens now is that:

• I power on the TP-Link and connect to it's lan port directly from my laptop
  • the laptop sees the antenna and self-assigns an ip
  • I don't know what the ipaddress of the router is....

I tried:

• setting the ip addresses manually from the laptop
  • accessing 192.168.1.1 as OpenWRT default
  • resetting the device with the reset button, but it doesn't do anything (no flashing or stuff)
  • booting the device in failsafe mode (also in this case no flashing of leds and stuff)

Any ideas to try and recover it?

Thanks!

T

What do you mean by that ? The router offers a wifi ?

factory or sysupgrade image?

No, but comnexting it via ethernet the laptop detects an ethernet connection and assigns itself an ip

Sysupgrade

Hearing "older version", I assume it was an old ar71xx image, and now you have flashed an ath79 image.

Did you follow https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/ar71xx.to.ath79?

Have you tried to connect on both Eth ports, or only on one?

Ehm actually I said older but it was actually just a different build, but still an ath79 (a build a friend made with some default configs in it and a bunch of stuff I wanted to get rid of with a clean install...

I didn't read that post no... but I guess I wasn't careful enough when putting that -F flag...

I tried connecting to the port on the antenna and the port on the power adapter (which I guess do the same thing?)

What do you suggest at this point? Following the article you linked I guess the last chance is to try flashing through TFTP...?

T

I can confirm this. The OpenWRT 19.07 ar71xx image for this device works, but the current snapshot ath79 image won't even boot. I flashed the "factory" image using the TFTP method in both cases.