TP-Link Archer C7 V5 can't connect after installation

Worked via TFTP, it's alive! Thanks guys!

Looking for a way to flash the OEM fw now so I can return it to the store tomorrow.

1 Like

I think you just download the stock from TP-Link, unzip it, go to tftp recovery again and send that file.

If your ISP speed is more than 100 Mb you need something with more CPU power anyway.

1 Like

Thank you all for your suggestions!
I switched to openwrt because i couldn't get 500mb ( the bandwidth i have from ISP ) on the OEM firmware. Did some tests on openwrt and I get around 300mb ( thru ethernet from router to PC ) so I'm thinking there's something wrong with the router. Anyone has a different opinion?

Also, I can't open certain websites, something to do with firewall settings or MAC or DNS?

The bottom line is that that model is not suitable to route for a 500 Mb ISP. There's nothing wrong with it, it just isn't enough CPU for that speed.

OpenWrt does a lot of things that stock firmware can't, though some of them come at the expense of speed. No one installs it to go faster, because it won't. Speed is the one thing that stock firmware concentrates on, though often at the expense of flexibility and security.

The default configuration should allow you to go to any website though.

1 Like

You can use flow offloading to achieve higher speeds (up to 900 Mbits/sec). For more details see here:
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/solved-flow-offloading-in-tp-link-archer-c7-v5-limitation-300-mbps-on-gbps-ethernet-port/26973/3

1 Like

Thanks!

@accelerate, need to use snapshots and I'm not comfortable with that, better to just wait for a next stable update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.