TP-Link Archer C7 v2 bricked when trying to revert to stock

I flashed Gargoyle 1.11.0 used in wireless bridge no problem. Performance was so poor, I wanted to revert to stock. I used TFTP64 to flash stripped factory bin, but the device bricked.

I have read every forum post I can find on this subject. Tried every file I can possibly find to flash over whatever exists in this device now with no success. TFTP64 appears to install at 100%, but the device will always bootloop.

Is there a file that will work with TFTP? I would prefer not to go the serial route if I don't have to.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have read every forum topic and comment I can find on this issue. I have flashed countless files via TFTP and still end up in the same bootloop state.

Does ANYONE have a legit copy of the friedzombie stripped file ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin?

I would really like to have my router back.

Thanks

1 Like

I Have the exact same problem...did you find a solution for this?

Thanks,

Yes, I was helped by a forum member, who provided a modified file that fixed my problem. There is a thread on this.

Thanks! is the image I am enclosing the part of the thread where the edited .bin file is?

Regards,

Yes it is. Use TFTP to flash.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.