How to flash openwrt without using OEM GUI...The previous flash of the snapshot (http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ath79/generic/openwrt-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c6-v2-squashfs-factory.bin) bricked the router...Is there a safe way to flash the router or any standard measures that has to be taken care ?
Flash instruction using tftp recovery:
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports of the router
- Set the computer IP to 192.168.0.66
- Start a tftp server with the OpenWrt factory image in the
tftp root directory renamed to ArcherC6v2_tp_recovery.bin.
- Connect power cable to router, press and hold the reset
button and turn the router on
- Keep the reset button pressed until the WPS LED lights up
- Wait ~150 seconds to complete flashing
Thanks a lot!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.